Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles

The last time I wanted to make a recipe with cinnamon chips I couldn't find any at the grocery store. This happened in the summer and I haven't thought about cinnamon chips since then.
 
Then came my birthday in December. I knew there was at least one guest who was attending my birthday party who didn't like chocolate. So I looked at my inventory of saved recipes and this one was the winner!
The cinnamon chips add such a flavor (and are quite nice to eat by themselves!) My only complaint is that the cookies looked deceptively soft and were not. But still tasted great! Next time I'll just pull them out of the oven earlier that it looks like I should.
 
I am glad my friend loved these cookies. She actually got to sample them the day before the party. She's pretty lucky like that. She's also going to be receiving one of my homemade Christmas cards which is EXTREMELY lucky since I'm only making a small batch. Check them out! 
I saw a post for these handmade cards on craftgawker. I'm really loving that site recently. (I guess this is what I do with my spare time since I'm done with opera gigs for the year...crafts!)
I got the Christmas tree idea from Aunt Peaches blog and added my own little pizazz to the top. The star design I made all by myself. *patting self on back*
 
Yes, these cards involved "killing" some books. But they were books that were falling apart or out of date information books. Technically, they are getting recycled. :) (Which is what will happen to the rest of the books.)
Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles (found at She Makes and Bakes)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cinnamon chips

1 cup cinnamon sugar

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat on low until combined. Add in the cream of tartar, baking soda, and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix in the flour until incorporated. Fold in the cinnamon chips.

Form the dough into one-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the balls about two inches apart from each other. Bake for 12 minutes until the edges are set and let cool on the sheet for one minute. Remove to a flat surface to cool. 
(Erika's Extras: Take out of the oven around 10 minutes for a softer cookie. Or, don't press slightly down on the dough balls when putting them on the cookie sheet.)
Bake well and prosper!
A card for my readers. Merry Christmas! I hope you're ready for the 25th! 

3 comments:

  1. Maybe my oven runs cooler than yours because mine are soft every time...although I don't press down on them either. They look good though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB