Monday, November 12, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Granola Cookies

After hurricanes and snow storms, life is back to normal...you know, if you count singing in the chorus for a world premiere of an opera as normal.
I got to wear a creepy mask for a scene with a serpent/devil. (I'm the one on the left...the one without the beard.)
 
Weather is back to normal in NYC too. Well, somewhat normal. Normal if you consider 60 degrees in November normal. I consider it a blessing!
 
Anyway, I made these cookies for the cast and crew on the last day of performances for the opera I was just in. And boy oh boy were they messy. YES!
Such a mess...such a success of a cookie! While making the dough I had an idea of something different to do with the PB cups. I unwrapped most of my room mate's candy...while he was gone. (Thanks roomie!) Then I spooned the dough on top of the individual mini cups. I felt very develish doing it since it was such a deliciously diabolic deviant to the recipe. (Don't you just love alliterations?!)
All the opera singers just loved this cookie. And may I add that it is really hard to eat just one?!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Granola Cookies (adapted from Cookies & Cups)
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups granola (use one WITHOUT raisins)
1 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal (I accidentally used old fashioned. Still turned out fine but quick oats are definitely the better option.)
1 (8 oz package) Mini Peanut Butter Cups
 
How to Make
Line counter/plates/cutting boards with parchment paper.
In a large saucepan combine sugars, cocoa powder, butter and cream. Heat over medium until mixture comes to a boil and then boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
Stir in peanut butter, oats and granola until combined. Let it sit for about 2 minutes. Unwrap the mini pb cups and arrange a couple of inches apart from each other on the parchment paper. Drop by heaping tablespoon or more onto pb cups and press down around the cups to form a cookie shape. Put in fridge and let harden before eating.
Bake well and prosper!

3 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB