Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fresh Blueberry Pie

As promised, the recipe for the blueberry pie that I showed in my post yesterday. But first, fireworkrk pictures!

This year I watched the Macy's fireworks show from NJ. This view has the backdrop of Manhattan and was lovely!
I love this shot because it shows the crowds of people in the green park below.
With FOUR fireworks barges, the sky really lit up!

Yay for celebrating America's birthday!
Fresh Blueberry Pie (adapted from all allrecipes.com)
Ingredients
1 prepared 8 inch pastry shell, baked and cooled (click here for no fail pie crust recipe)
2 pints fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup white sugar

Directions
1. Pour one pint of the blueberries into the baked pie shell. (Make sure to rinse the blueberries thoroughly before adding to pie.) (Pie shell should be relatively cool.)
2. Combine flour, butter, lemon juice and sugar in a pan over low heat.. Mix thoroughly until butter is almost completely melted. Add the remaining pint of blueberries and bring just to a boil over medium heat. Berries might begin to pop open.
3. Pour cooked berries over fresh berries. Chill pie and serve chilled or at room temperature with whipped cream.
Bake well and prosper!

6 comments:

  1. happy bday USA :) such a fun festive day...blue/red/white food and fireworks! love how your pie is just loaded with my fav fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm can anything beat a great fresh blueberry pie in summer? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god, your fireworks pics are amazing! I used to live in the East Village on the fifth-floor of a fifth-floor walk up. I would throw 4th of July parties not because the apt was microscopic but because the view of the fireworks was spectacular. Your pics remind me of "the good old days."

    Love blueberry pie! Your's looks super tasty. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! The pie really was delicious.
    Stevie - I'm sure watching the fireworks from your 5th floor walk up was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB