Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ask and you shall receive

I'm on Twitter. No, that’s not a drug. It’s a social networking site. One of the interesting things about it is meeting people in REAL life who you’ve been talking to for months on twitter.

Well, one such person that I know on Twitter from Boston comes down to NYC occasionally and asked for a specific recipe next time all his Twitter buds met up. I promised him I would make it, and a promise is a promise….no matter how exhausted I am.

Well, exhausted me = more messy me. First step was to measure the flour and put it in a sifter.
In Twitterland we would call that a #fail.

Then, of course, there is the measuring of peanut butter. Now, whoever thought that measuring peanut butter would be a great idea obviously never did it. It sticks to EVERYTHING and made my poor goose measuring cup look like it was a volcano exploding (or like my goose was molting brown feathers.)Well, have no fear. Even an exhausted and extra messy Erika Beth still ends up baking a delicious dessert.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Cup-Cookies/Detail.aspx)
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

Erika's Extra Notes: Add a sugar heart for extra cuteness, but watch out! Love multiplies quickly! Bake well and prosper!

(Psssst! Follow me on twitter: EBthemessychef)

9 comments:

  1. This is my first time here. I love the title of your blog. These cookies are too cute. I am totally bookmarking them!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!! such a coincidence b/c i just made peanut butter cup brownies (pretty much the same except with a brownie base instead!) this weekend. i will have to try with the cookies next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To avoid the hard measuring of peanut butter, you need to invest in one of these:

    http://www.distinctive-decor.com/wonder-cup-measuring-cup.html

    I was able to find one at a restaurant supply store a few years ago, and it has made my life wayyyy easier when measuring anything sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make these too.

    My recipe -

    Step 01 - Buy sugar cookie, peanut butter cup & scotch-tape from local grocery store.

    Step 02 - Use tape to secure peanut butter cup to top of cookie.

    Step 03 - Decide step two is too much work.

    Step 04 - Eat peanut butter cup while dipping cookie in milk.

    Step 05 - Eat cookie & drink milk.

    All the best,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellary - thanks for the link! Honey is also one of those ingredients I always scratch my head at.

    Ron - I hear that scotch-tape is low in fat. Oh, and btw, if you want to drool some more, check out Carmen's Dulce de Leche Duos or HH's Easter Macaroon Nests. :)

    And ladies, if you would like to read a REAL runner's account of racing, check out PunkRockRunner. (REAL = struggling just as much as us putting one foot in front of the other.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they were so good! im a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I bet they are tasty! I love peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so making these for Valentines Day! I love that you put that heart in the center... It is so cute with that great pop of color!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB