Saturday, December 26, 2009

12 Days of Christmas -Day 2

Did you realize that the 12 days of Christmas start ON Christmas, not before? I think I discovered this about 3 years ago. What a great idea!!! Why not prolong Christmas for as long as possible! This means more of a reason to make delicious desserts! Woohoo! (Obviously I've already had my fair share of sugar this season with all the !'s I just used in the past 4 sentences.)

Well, I have TWO special treats for you. 1. I am going to post an entry for the next 12 days and 2. My mother was guest baker for this entry!!!!!!!

She called me about 2 weeks before Christmas to ask what type of pie I wanted her to bake. Well, I prefer chocolate pies and my mom hardly makes that type. So, I requested that she make Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. She's never made this before. I've never made it before (but to let you in a little secret.....I've NEVER made a pie before. I KNOW! Such a shock.)

Anyway, my mom was kind enough to try her hand at it AND she took pictures of the process!
Eggs plus sugar followed by mixing in the chocolate followed by the pie pre-heat.

But even better yet.....she took a picture of her mess! Awwww!
I know. Her mess is a lot more contained than mine, but hey! It's the thought that counts.

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie (from cooks.com)
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
3 eggs
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. bourbon
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 1/2 Cup pecans (Erika's Mom's Extra: She used only 1 C of pecans.)

Mix together sugar and cornstarch in large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mix. Add sweetened condensed milk, bourbon, chocolate, and butter. Mix well.

Pour into pie shell. Add the pecans in a circular design on top of pie. Bake for 45 minutes in 375 degree F oven. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Bake well and propser!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB